How Much Can a Jeep Wrangler Tow?
For top Jeep Wrangler towing power, you should choose a properly-equipped 4-door Unlimited configuration – which puts the max Wrangler towing capacity at 3,500 pounds. When we say “properly equipped,” we mean decked out with the Jeep trailering features to help your new Wrangler perform at its best. Beyond that, Mopar accessories and OEM parts can provide further upgrades. So how much can a Jeep Wrangler tow in Redding? Keep reading to learn more with SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram.
2020 Jeep Wrangler Towing Capacity
How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow at each trim level and configuration? No matter which trim you choose, towing capacity is a strength for this compact SUV. The 4-door Unlimited can tow 3,500 pounds and all 2-door Wranglers can tow at least 2,000. Here are a few points to in mind as you explore the Wrangler trims:
- Max towing capability for 2-door Wrangler is 2,000 pounds, while four-door models can tow up to 3,500 pounds.
- Most Wrangler trims are available in both 2-door and 4-door body styles, but some are only available in the 4-door configuration. These include the Sport Altitude, Sahara, and Sahara Altitude trims.
Which Wrangler 4×4 System is Best for Towing?
Your Jeep Wrangler can tow even more when equipped with the right 4x4x system. To optimize towing capability, select the Command-Trac® 4×4 system. If you don’t need max towing power, the other 4×4 systems bring their own benefits:
- Selec-Trac® 4×4 — Automatically switches between 2-wheel drive and 4-wheel driving depending on road conditions in Yreka.
- Rock-Trac® 4×4 — For excellent off-road performance, Rock-Trac® delivers 4:1 low gear ratio, Tru-Lok® electronic-locking differentials, and electronic front sway bar disconnect.
- Command-Trac® 4×4 — For towing purposes, you’ll want to choose Command-Trac® 4-wheel drive. This system provides a neutral-range option heavy towing on flat terrain in Redbluff, and a 2.72:1 low gear ratio for stability on difficult surfaces.
Trailering Features for Max Wrangler Towing Capacity
Knowing how much can Jeep Wrangler tow will certainly blow you away as the powerful performance of the Wrangler is built upon a driver-focused design. Aside from the 4×4 systems above, you can also equip your Wrangler with the following standard towing-ready features:
- Front and Rear Heavy-Duty Tow Hooks
- Winch and Control Light Bars
- Programmable Aux Switches
- 700-Amp Maintenance-Free Battery
- Seven and Four-Pin Wiring Harness
- Class II Tow Receiver Hitch
- 240-Amp Alternator
For added security, we stock a wide selection of other genuine MOPAR® accessories. Check out our Mopar® coupons to save money on upgrades like LED headlights for those late-night towing tasks in Redding.
Find Your Wrangler Configuration at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
Now that you know what Wrangler towing capacity to expect from each trim level, browse our new and certified pre-owned inventory to find your favorite models. Want to ask an expert “How much can a Jeep Wrangler tow?” with your chosen trim and features? Contact us for more info!
More from SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
For top Jeep Wrangler towing power, you should choose a properly-equipped 4-door Unlimited configuration – which puts the max Wrangler towing capacity at 3,500 pounds. When we say “properly equipped,” we mean decked out with the Jeep trailering features to help your new Wrangler perform at its best. Beyond that, Mopar accessories and OEM parts…
On the hunt for a budget-friendly ride to suit the needs of your growing Redding family? Perhaps you want a van designed with ample cargo space, advanced safety specs, and entertainment features to keep everyone comfortable. If these specs are at the top of your wishlist, the new Chrysler Pacifica is worthy of the coveted…
One thing is for sure, Redding drivers love the Jeep Gladiator. It’s not hard to see why! This Jeep is sporty, rugged, and great to look at. It’s the whole package. But not to be overlooked is the powerful little Jeep Gladiator engine. This V6 engine has a ton of horsepower, and an impressive towing…