2019 Ram 1500 Towing
For getting a heavy load out of Redding and up to Mount Shasta, you need power. The redesigned 2019 RAM 1500 has it in spades with best-in-class V8 towing power, three potent powerplant options, and an array of design features that make this a workhorse you’ll be proud to own.
The 2019 RAM 1500 can be equipped with one of three powerful motors for optimum towing and performance:
- 3.6L: For best-in-class 4X4 fuel efficiency, RAM offers a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine capable of generating 205-hp and 269 lb.-ft. of peak torque while still offering up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. This motor is capable of 7,730 pounds of maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L HEMI V8: RAM’s 5.7L V8 engine delivers 395-hp and 410 lb.-ft. of peak torque, which is enough to provide drivers with as much as 11,610 pounds of standard towing.
- 5.7L HEMI with eTorque: Drivers can get a power boost with the V8 engine with eTorque technology. This mild hybrid system provides drivers with the same 395-hp and 410 lb.-ft. of torque as the standard V8, but with 4X2 fuel efficiency of as much as 23 mpg city and total maximum conventional towing capability of 12,750 pounds.
Towing Features and Design
A powerful engine is just the beginning. The RAM 1500 makes towing and driving easier with innovative features that include:
- Automatic Load Leveling
- Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension
- High-Strength Steel Frame
- Electronic Locking Rear Differential
Of course, drivers can also choose between two bed lengths as well to take advantage of as much as 2,300 pounds of max payload so they can haul their gear even without a trailer handy.
The power and smooth handling of the 2019 RAM 1500 is also due in part to the revolutionary, class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission paired with every engine. This transmission employs state-of-the-art technology to optimize shift changes for greater efficiency, better handling, and an overall smoother ride.
Other Performance Features
RAM doesn’t stop there. The automaker employs a variety of additional equipment to make sure drivers get more out of the truck with every mile, including:
- Enhanced Aerodynamics: Reduced drag means better fuel efficiency.
- Active Air Dam: When equipped, the air dam automatically deploys at 30 mph and above to reduce wind resistance.
- Integrated Spoiler: Standard to improve the truck’s exterior appearance and fuel economy.
The RAM also has more than 100 safety features as well as a slew of accessories designed to make towing safer, more secure, and above all, more convenient. The RAM 1500 is also available in your choice of either a quad cab or crew cab layout.
Check out the 2019 RAM 1500 Near Yreka
Ready to see why the 2019 RAM 1500 outperforms the competition, or compare it to the new RAM 2500? Schedule a Red Bluff area test drive at SJ Denham CDJR today to see for yourself. You can also learn more about the impressive towing capacity of the Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Compass, or even compare the RAM 2500 vs. Ford F-250.
More From SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
On the hunt for a budget-friendly ride to suit the needs of your growing Redding family? Perhaps you want a van designed with ample cargo space, advanced safety specs, and entertainment features to keep everyone comfortable. If these specs are at the top of your wishlist, the new Chrysler Pacifica is worthy of the coveted…
One thing is for sure, Redding drivers love the Jeep Gladiator. It’s not hard to see why! This Jeep is sporty, rugged, and great to look at. It’s the whole package. But not to be overlooked is the powerful little Jeep Gladiator engine. This V6 engine has a ton of horsepower, and an impressive towing…
The 2020 Jeep Compass is known for its rugged good looks and performance. However, this Jeep interior is also a showstopper. The 2020 Jeep Compass interior has so much to offer drivers in the Redding area. Whether you are looking at the white Jeep Compass interior or the Jeep Compass Altitude interior, you can’t go…