2019 Ram 1500 Towing
For getting a heavy load out of Redding and up to Mount Shasta, you need power. The redesigned 2019 RAM 1500 has it in spades with best-in-class V8 towing power, three potent powerplant options, and an array of design features that make this a workhorse you’ll be proud to own.
The 2019 RAM 1500 can be equipped with one of three powerful motors for optimum towing and performance:
- 3.6L: For best-in-class 4X4 fuel efficiency, RAM offers a 3.6L Pentastar V6 engine capable of generating 205-hp and 269 lb.-ft. of peak torque while still offering up to 20 mpg city and 25 mpg highway. This motor is capable of 7,730 pounds of maximum towing capacity.
- 5.7L HEMI V8: RAM’s 5.7L V8 engine delivers 395-hp and 410 lb.-ft. of peak torque, which is enough to provide drivers with as much as 11,610 pounds of standard towing.
- 5.7L HEMI with eTorque: Drivers can get a power boost with the V8 engine with eTorque technology. This mild hybrid system provides drivers with the same 395-hp and 410 lb.-ft. of torque as the standard V8, but with 4X2 fuel efficiency of as much as 23 mpg city and total maximum conventional towing capability of 12,750 pounds.
Towing Features and Design
A powerful engine is just the beginning. The RAM 1500 makes towing and driving easier with innovative features that include:
- Automatic Load Leveling
- Active-Level Four-Corner Air Suspension
- High-Strength Steel Frame
- Electronic Locking Rear Differential
Of course, drivers can also choose between two bed lengths as well to take advantage of as much as 2,300 pounds of max payload so they can haul their gear even without a trailer handy.
The power and smooth handling of the 2019 RAM 1500 is also due in part to the revolutionary, class-exclusive TorqueFlite eight-speed automatic transmission paired with every engine. This transmission employs state-of-the-art technology to optimize shift changes for greater efficiency, better handling, and an overall smoother ride.
Other Performance Features
RAM doesn’t stop there. The automaker employs a variety of additional equipment to make sure drivers get more out of the truck with every mile, including:
- Enhanced Aerodynamics: Reduced drag means better fuel efficiency.
- Active Air Dam: When equipped, the air dam automatically deploys at 30 mph and above to reduce wind resistance.
- Integrated Spoiler: Standard to improve the truck’s exterior appearance and fuel economy.
The RAM also has more than 100 safety features as well as a slew of accessories designed to make towing safer, more secure, and above all, more convenient. The RAM 1500 is also available in your choice of either a quad cab or crew cab layout.
Check out the 2019 RAM 1500 Near Yreka
Ready to see why the 2019 RAM 1500 outperforms the competition, or compare it to the new RAM 2500? Schedule a Red Bluff area test drive at SJ Denham CDJR today to see for yourself. You can also learn more about the impressive towing capacity of the Jeep Gladiator, Jeep Compass, or even compare the RAM 2500 vs. Ford F-250. See how the new 2021 RAM 1500 model has improved with SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram, and learn about the 2021 RAM 1500 towing capacity and other towing features.
More From SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram
The Jeep Compass is renowned for its off-road capabilities and comfort in Mount Shasta and beyond. It’s loaded with plenty of luxurious amenities and options to take your daily commute out to Redding to the next level. With plenty of legroom and entertainment technology, the 2021 Jeep Compass interior is one of the best in…
How much is the Jeep Gladiator? The starting Jeep Gladiator price is $33,545 starting at the base trim. The price will change depending on which trim you choose. For example, the Jeep Gladiator Rubicon price is noticeably higher than the Sport price. Luckily, SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram has the details on the Jeep Gladiator price by trim and…
Just how much can a RAM 1500 tow? The RAM 1500 towing capacity reaches an astonishing 12,750 pounds, allowing you to tow your boat or RV across the Redding roads with ease. But what else can the RAM 1500 do? Learn about the RAM 1500 towing capacity by trim and other RAM 1500 towing…