How Much Can the 2018 Ram 2500 Tow?
Designed for tougher jobs in the Redding area, the 2018 RAM 2500 can tow larger equipment that your standard truck. Though the max towing depends on which engine you choose, rest assure that each of its three engine options and the can tow tens of thousands of pounds. When properly equipped, the RAM 2500 reaches up to 17,980 pounds of towing capacity. Learn more below, or see how you can enhance your towing experience with genuine RAM accessories In the meantime, you can check out the towing capacity of the 2020 Jeep Gladiator.
RAM 2500 Towing by Engine Specs
- 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine: With its (anything but) standard engine option, the 2018 RAM 2500 can tow up to 13,890 pounds with a maximum payload capacity of 3,060 pounds.
- 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine: At the 6.4L V8 engine level, the RAM 2500 boasts a Best-In-Class max towing capacity of 16,320 pounds and a 3,990-pound max payload capacity.
- 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6 engine: The most heavy duty of these heavy duty engine options, the Turbo Diesel I6 engine enables the 2018 RAM 2500 to tow up to 17,980 pounds with a max payload capacity of 3,160 pounds.
More on the RAM 2500 Engine Specs
- 5.7L HEMI® V8: The standard 5.7L HEMI® V8 engine comes with Variable Valve Timing, delivers 383 hp, and gets 400 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.4L HEMI® V8: Upgrade to the 6.4L HEMI® V8 engine to reach 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque.
- 6.7L Cummins® Turbo Diesel I6: Choose the most powerful RAM 2500 engine option to get 370 hp and 800 lb-ft of torque.
Ready to Haul Gear and More with the 2018 RAM 2500 Towing Capacity?
Does this sound like the towing capacity you’re looking for near Redbluff? The RAM 2500 is the right heavy duty truck for you. Contact us to set up a test drive at our showroom at SJ Denham Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram today. Want to see how the new models compare? Learn more about 2019 RAM 2500 towing capacity and 2020 Gladiator specs. Also be sure to compare the RAM 2500 vs. Ford F-250 before making your final decision!
More on Ram Trucks
Designed for tougher jobs in the Redding area, the 2018 RAM 2500 can tow larger equipment that your standard truck. Though the max towing depends on which engine you choose, rest assure that each of its three engine options and the can tow tens of thousands of pounds. When properly equipped, the RAM 2500 reaches…
Tricking out your 2019 Ram 1500, Ram 2500, or Ram 3500 and turning heads around Redbluff is easy thanks to a wide range of Ram Accessories specifically designed to make your rig look, run, and tow better. Explore the options below and, when you’re ready to add a little panache to your ride, come see…
The 2019 Ram 1500 has been fully redesigned this year, boasting a variety of best-in-class performance specs and class-exclusive features. On top of all that, drivers in Red Bluff and Redding will also find a variety of unique Mopar® accessories available to help improve the utility, durability, and convenience of the Ram 1500. Accessory…